Who Are We?
Hello. We're Terry & Patty Rempel, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professionals, practicing since 1985.
We’ve spent the past 30 years developing our practice and learning how to achieve solid results for our clients.
Born and raised in St. Catharines, we live in an historic downtown home that we personally renovated, and is also the location of our office. Our son Joshua is a student at the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine at McMaster University – yep, he’s our pride and joy.
We enjoy a simple lifestyle, pursuing good health and personal development (lifelong learning, professional conferences, travel, time with friends, and Christian faith).
Simply stated, we’re striving to fill our life with purpose, pleasure and good people. We consider ourselves fortunately blessed and “self-made”, reflecting our belief that a wonderful life is available to all.
What Do We Do?
We help a special group of families manage their wealth and plan their financial lives.
Why Do We Do What We Do?
We are driven by our beliefs. We believe it is possible to secure wealth and then enjoy a full life living on the income that wealth generates. We also believe wealth is threatened by three things: inflation, taxation and retirement spending. Only Mutual Funds holding common stocks deliver enough tax-advantaged growth and income in the long run to offset these threats. A common stock portfolio must be professionally managed and broadly diversified, therefore we believe Mutual Funds are the best investment vehicle. And we believe financial planning matters.
How Do We Do What We Do?
Together with our clients we follow the Bluestone five-step process for securing wealth and implementing sound financial planning:
1. Personal Financial Planning
- our process is customized to reflect each client's personal financial objectives
- our process is then implemented at clients’ discretion and with clients’ input
- clients’ evolving needs and goals direct ongoing financial analysis
2. Holistic Approach
- our process is comprehensive, covering a broad spectrum, (cash flow, debt management & pay down, education funding and retirement planning, and most important – investments)
- clients’ estate plans are regularly reviewed and updated
- each client's household balance sheet is central to the process, carefully considering the nature and balance of assets & liabilities, with a view to growing net worth
3. Growth Investing
- our process is driven by the pursuit of superior long-term investment results
- the Bluestone team searches for top Mutual Fund money managers
- the Bluestone team monitors these managers with ongoing due diligence
- tax minimization strategies are considered at each step
4. Behind the Scenes Care
- we carefully and accurately manage and monitor the details and administration of each client's account
- our rigorous ongoing research ensures top success strategies are recommended to clients
- copies of strategic documents are maintained in confidential client files (investments, insurance, mortgage, tax, pension, estate, etc.)
5. Bluestone Community
- clients’ investments and strategies are reviewed and adjusted in regular personal meetings
- seminars and memos keep clients informed, inspired and connected
- our Bluestone website provides information and private account access
- Terry and Patty Rempel remain available and responsive to client inquiries and requests
Who Do We Do This For?
Our clients are easy to like, authentic, down to earth, common sense family folk; most are self-made, either small business owners, corporate executives or professionals. They have a net worth of approximately $750,000 to multi-millionaire level, and they possess a sense of who they are and how they want to live. Many are middle-aged, some are retired. Many have been with us for 10 or 15 years, and some from our very start in 1985.
What Makes Us Different?
We offer our clients the personal client-centered nature of our boutique, Bluestone Financial, while offering our clients access to the best of the financial world.
We live our practice. Our interests are aligned with our clients’ interests. We offer our clients independent, unbiased advice, advice we personally follow. Our clientele is our community; we walk the walk together and we enjoy the results together.
Why Should You Do This With Us?
Because together we can secure our financial future and fulfill our financial objectives; we can be financially fit and enjoy financial peace of mind…and we can enjoy doing it together.